Proteins are needed for healing, reproduction and growth of the body and also for a healthy immune system. Known to be one of the most important components, proteins are the building blocks of the human body especially for the blood, skin, cartilage, muscles and bones.
As per the body weight of the person, the daily protein intake for a human is between .8 -1 grams a day per kilogram. Proteins can be obtained from various sources; however you need to ensure that you are eating the right amount for your body. Protein shakes are a healthy way to get the desired protein intake apart from your food.
Different types of protein powders in the market
Manufacturing companies use high quality sources like eggs, soy and milk to create protein powders. This is one of the main reasons why, you can opt to have on a daily basis as a food replacement. The best thing is that this powder can be mixed with milk, water or even juice and it will still taste good and give you the desired effects. There are various types of powders available in the market. You can choose from
- Whey protein powder
- Casein protein powder
- Egg protein powder
- Pea protein powder (ideal for vegetarians or vegans)
- Hemp protein powder
- Brown Rice protein powder
- Mixed Plant protein powder
- Vegan protein powder
Depending on the type of powder you choose; the results will vary since these powders have a specific purpose. It does not matter which powder you decide to take; the one thing you need to be careful about is that it should be the right amount to get the desired effect of the protein shake.
The common forms of protein powders
- Protein concentrates: Whole foods are used for the extraction of the protein found in this form of powder. This is done with the help of enzymes, acid and heat. These powders have a calorie count of around 20-30% of carbs and fat and 60-80% of proteins.
- Protein isolates: In these sorts of powders, the additional carbs and fats are removed through another level of filtering process. This results in the powder having a protein content of around 90-95%.
- Protein hydrolysates: These sorts of powders are absorbed faster in the body since the bonds between the amino acids are further broken down with the help of enzymes or acids. This is the perfect choice if you are opting for protein shakes for muscle development.
Protein shakes have become one of the best alternate for people who are focusing on their fitness. They also act food replacements and give you the energy that you need to make it through the day by living on liquids. Before you go ahead and decide to buy a box of protein powder, it is necessary to ensure that you do a proper research to find out which powder is ideal for you. You will see better results when you choose the right kind of powder for your body. In case of any confusion, you can always take the advice of a professional to help you make the right choice.
Variety of recipes to break the monotony
Considering the versatility of protein powders, you will find a variety of recipes available online that can bring about a change of taste every day. This will break the monotony of drinking the same kind of shake every day as well as help you get the desired effect of the protein shake.
The powder can be used to make smoothies, shakes, juices or deserts. You can enjoy the various flavors and tastes that will satisfy your taste buds. For those who have a sweet tooth, you can make your favorite deserts by making mild changes to the recipes.
Making a positive change by staying motivated
When you take the first step to make a positive change, it is important to remember that you need to have patience before you can see the desired results of protein shakes for muscle development.Just as how Rome was not built in a day, similarly it takes a lot of time and efforts to get the body that you desire. You need to ensure that you stay focused and motivated and learn to enjoy what you are doing. This will help you pass through the entire transformation phase a lot easy for you.
Article Submitted By Community Writer