If you are suffering from illnesses, you must be feeling closely related to the medications that you have to take on a regular basis. Sometimes tiring, sometimes frustrating, taking pills comes with a combination of different emotions and experiences. Many a times, it becomes difficult for the elderly patients to manage the pills medication, while sometimes parent find it difficult for their kids.
But with ‘do it yourself’ air all around there is less to worry about managing the pill anymore. There are many pill aids available for your help so that you can conveniently store, crush and easily manage your pill medications.
Managing or breaking pills is now a lot easier with the use of pill aids. Top five pill aids available for you are:
· Pill dispensing envelope – This is an envelope specially crafted for dispensing pills safely. It is easy to use and the pills can be safely kept inside and carried. It also has space for patient information for example, the dosage instructions, etc. The envelope can also be labeled as per the details of the concerned patient.
· Pill dispenser – This is a pill dispenser and can also be used to keep regular vitamin supplements. It has an alarm that can alert you with reminders. You can adjust your medication schedule using the templates provided in the pill dispenser and manage accordingly. It can also be used as a pill case while travelling.
· Metal pill crusher – This is a pill crusher that can be conveniently used at home or medical set-ups. This aid helps to eliminate the hassles and inconvenience caused by crushing medicine. The crusher helps to crush the pill into powder and can be safely used when pills have to be taken in the powdered form.
· Pill splitter – This is a tool that can be easily and safely used to split the pills into uniform parts. This is particularly important when the dose is half a tablet and you want to split the pill into exact two halves without wasting into powders.
· Pill time organizer – This is a pill organizer with alarm reminder, timer and a clock. It has raised letters that can be easily read and also has Braille markings.