Dizziness is one of the most common symptoms that a person having vertical problems might develop. During an episode, a person may also face problem while sitting making it difficult to work. There are various factors that can trigger a painful episode. Although there are different forms vertigos, a few effective exercises can help out the patients. By practicing these exercises daily, you will find a huge relief and difference.
When you work out in the gym, there are certain exercises, which can help you deal with your vertigo problems. By doing them every day, you will get some relief. To prevent overstraining yourself, it is advisable to take a break for a few seconds between each set and to sip some water. If you take a close look at this workout recommendation, you will find that the exercises mentioned here do not require you to tilt or move you head. Instead, it focuses on the body from the neck onwards.
- You can start your gym exercises by sitting on the stationary bike for 5 to 10 minutes so that you get a good warm up.
- After that, another good gym exercise is with beat the chest press machine, using which you can do 10 reps in each set and do an overall of three sets.
- The Lat pull down is another effective exercise, you should do two sets of 15 reps of it.
- For your legs, you can do the leg press by completing two sets that consists of 10 reps each.
- Triceps Push downs is also a perfect way to help Vertigo patients. In this exercise, they can do 14 reps for each set and 3 sets in total.
- Another good exercise would be the bicep curls. You can complete three sets of 10 reps each one after the other.
- The seated row is again another recommended exercise for people with vertigo. In this, they can do 10 reps per set and complete three sets of the seated row exercise.
- 3 sets of fly machine can also be done with 15 reps per set.
Yoga recommendations for people with vertigo
As much as working out in the gym can be helpful, even traditional forms of exercising like yoga can also help you in many ways. In yoga, there are certain poses that you can do to help yourself in getting the relief you need from vertigo. Practicing these poses daily helps your body to relax and it also takes care of the vertigo problem.
The plow pose
In order to strengthen your neck, to put your balance system back on track, and to take care of your nervous system and inner ears, the plow pose is another yoga pose that you can consider.
The child’s pose
This is a perfect pose that you can adopt the minute you know you are having a vertigo attack. By practicing this exercise every day, it will help your nervous system to grow stronger. It is also a perfect exercise to take care of the feeling of being dizzy during an attack.
Intense Dorsal Stretch or Seated forward bend
One of the best ways to relieve stress, this particular pose also helps to relieve you from irritation, anxiety and even anger. It also helps in effectively balancing your emotions. Practicing this pose might help you in getting your balance center back in place. Moreover, it will increase the flow of blood in your head. Another benefit of this pose is that you can strengthen your nervous system through it.
Legs up on the wall pose
Vertigo patients can practice this pose every day. It helps in relieving headache and it calms the mind. In order get control of your sense of balance, you can think that you are losing your eyes, while you are doing this pose.
Reclining bound Angle pose
To reduce dizziness instantly and improve the circulation of blood this pose is a very good choice. It is not only comfortable but also helps in taking care of the various problems that can be caused due to Vertigo.