Maintaining good health can be easier if you can get to know about the possible health concerns at an early stage. That is the time when they can either be prevented or the disease progression can be arrested within safe limits to improve your quality of life.
With the DIY health trend, it is now possible for you to check your health status at the convenience of your home environment and enjoy life after early detection of the disease.
The top five home health tests that can cover the health of your major organs are:
· Stomach ulcer test – If you are suffering from repeated episodes of gastritis or you have burning pain in the stomach, vomiting or complaints of indigestion, you may be concerned about your stomach health. Stomach ulcer is a condition when the lining inside the stomach walls is disturbed due to a bacterial infection and certain dietary and lifestyle factors add to it.
The test is a blood test that helps to detect the presence of infection. The kit contains an instruction leaflet, the entire process has to be followed and the results can be read. Accordingly, a doctor can be consulted for further advice and treatment.
· Colon cancer test– With the increasing incidence of colon cancer, it is essential that you get yourself examined for this every year after the age of 40 years. This test kit contains the required material and you need to collect the stool specimen of the person for the test as per the given instructions and the results can be read.
· Kidney disease test – Kidney disease is an effect of other illnesses like blood pressure, diabetes, kidney stones, etc. The kidney disease test can be used to know if the kidneys are being affected. There are certain substances that can be found in urine and a conclusion can be drawn. This kit contains the required material and the urine sample is tested for the presence of abnormal substances like protein, sugar, blood or others.
· Liver function test – The liver is a very important organ, which can get affected by disease like hepatitis or cirrhosis. It presents with symptoms like nausea, vomiting, jaundice or yellowish eyes and loss of appetite. The liver function test can be used at home and a urine sample should be collected to perform the test as per the instructions.
· Rheumatoid arthritis – This is an autoimmune disease that affects the joints causing pain, swelling and stiffness of joints. The test kit contains all the material and the test aims at detecting the presence antibodies in the blood sample.