Obesity is a serious problem that bothers large parts of the world. But that is not all. Even the people who make an effort and undergo weight loss are faced with problems. The loose skin is one of them. Our skin is elastic in nature and it was so far used to the idea of covering up for a certain amount of fat. Faced with a sudden decrease in fat mass, the skin does not get enough time to adjust its elasticity. So here we will tell you more about how you can tighten your skin post heavy weight loss. There are easy tricks to be followed to get rid of flabby skin and you can get back to your beautiful and fit self.
Some important tips to tighten your skin post heavy weight loss
- Drink a lot of water:
You must stay hydrated as it is very important for a healthy skin. In case you are planning a weight loss program, do ensure that you always stick to the intake of a sufficient quantity of water. At least 2-3 liters of water is a must have in a day to avoid loose skin conditions. Water also plays an important role in your weight loss procedure and an adequate quantity of water when consumed, leads to better metabolism in your body.
- Lose weight slowly: Often when your target is losing a lot of weight, you pay little attention to the methods and time. This is crucial though because if the weight loss procedure is too fast then it is neither good for the body nor for the skin. Sudden weight loss leads to cardiac problems and the skin too does not get the necessary time to contract. This leads to flabby skin troubling you after the weight loss. Try to lose not more than 1-2 pounds of fat per week in your weight loss regime. It is important to look good and be in shape fast but never at the cost of your health.
- Eat the right foods:
Your diet forms an important part not just in deciding how efficiently you lose weight but also in how healthy your skin conditions are post weight loss. If you have a diet that is rich in protein and healthy fats it does a world of good to your skin elasticity. So avoid dehydrating and trans fat filled food and beverages. Include nutritious food choices such as the protein rich cottage cheese, beans, milk, seeds nuts and fish. These foods will help you to maintain a healthy skin condition and also add much greater elasticity to your skin.
- Skin care routine: One of the natural ways to deal with loose skin is to follow a healthy skin care routine. Always make sure that your skin receives proper nourishment and care. Make it a point that you remove all the dead skin cells on a daily basis by regular exfoliation. There are many skin tightening creams that are readily available. They are filled with the goodness of yeast extract, aloe vera and soy protein. Vitamin C, E and A play important roles in making the skin elastic. So make sure that to tighten your skin post heavy weight loss, you have a good consumption of these vitamins. See to it that the creams you are using also contain the goodness of these vitamins.
- Avoid exposure:
These are testing times for your skin and there is already enough trouble in paradise. So avoid for the time being, a lot of exposure from sunlight. Use sunscreens or carry umbrellas when outdoors. Also stay clear of the tanning booths or any such facilities.
- Strength training: Working out is a must even after you have lost the weight. Losing the weight was a procedure and now you got to focus on tightening of the skin. If you focus on building strong muscles underneath the skin you would not have to work separately to tighten your skin post heavy weight loss. So indulge in intense weight training for at least thrice a week and build up the strong muscles.
- Tone the belly:This region stores the most fat in the body. So after the weight loss procedure, this region also sag the most. Avoid this condition with ease by focusing on the belly during your workouts. Do exercises like abs crunches, sit ups and planking and side bridges. Devote at least 15-20 minutes of your time every day in exercising your belly region.
- Take sea salt baths: These are among the easiest practices to tighten your skin post heavy workout. Sea salts are known to increase circulation of blood in the body. This is an excellent condition for having healthy skin or one that is tight. Use these sea salts which are easily available in markets with warm water and prepare yourself a nice comforting and healing bath.
- Get a body massage:
People often tend to ignore the importance of a good body massage. Apart from increasing blood circulation in your body it also helps in getting rid of loose skin conditions. The muscle stiffness can be avoided through massages and in due course of time it will also have a good impact on the skin conditions.
- Moisturize your skin: In such trying conditions, dry skin is your worst enemy. It will easily aggravate the loose skin conditions and you have to ensure at all times that your skin is not dry. The best way to go about it using a good quality moisturizer. Find one that suits your skin and apply on a regular basis so that your skin is never allowed to remain dry.
These natural ways to deal with loose skin will come in extremely handy after your weight loss procedure. If you have worked so hard for your weight loss, you deserve to look really good and these will ensure that losing a lot of weight would not result in loose and unattractive skin conditions.