Monsoon gives respite from the scorching heat of the sun. But at the same time monsoon also brings along with it a number of diseases. Monsoon can have an adverse effect on our health. However, if we take some simple precautions we can easily remain healthy during the rainy season.
Monsoon season and health
In order to make sure that you remain in the best of health this monsoon season follow these simple tips
- Avoid getting wet. The best way to do this is by keeping your rain gear with you always. Make sure that you always carry your rainwear like a raincoat,jackets etc. wherever you go.
- Do everything that will boost your immune system and will help in keeping the virus away. There is a strong belief that vitamin C not only helps keep colds away but also strengthens the immunity of the body. Therefore, increase the intake of vitamin C.
- Take a dip in water after you have got wet in rains. Yes, when you get wet in rains make sure that you take a bath because this will help in keeping infections away. Dry yourself well and wear clean dry clothes.
- Have a hot cup of tea or soup. This will also help to ward off infections.
- Always keep yourself and your surroundings clean. Make sure that you wash your hands on a regular basis and use a sanitizer.Make sure that you maintain cleanliness throughout the house.
- Drink lots of water as this will help remove the toxins from your body and eat healthy and nutritious and home cooked food in the rainy season.
What to do to remain hale and healthy in monsoon season?
- Eat smart and eat right to remain healthy in the monsoon season. Go in for herbal tea like ginger tea which has a soothing effect on your body and mind. A hot bowl of soup is one of the best things for your body and soul. Increase the intake of veggies like snake gourd, bitter gourd etc. as they improve the immunity of the body and help fight infections better. Increase the intake of fenugreek seeds and garlic in your diet during the monsoons.
- Make sure that you do not make your house and surroundings a breeding ground for mosquitoes. Therefore, get rid of stagnant water.
- Avoid sudden fluctuations in temperatures because this can result in infections like cold and cough.
- Tempting as it may be, make sure that you do not venture into puddles and avoid street food. Consume fresh and home cooked food in the monsoon season. Eat lots of fruits in the rainy season. Fruits are an instant source of energy. Avoid spicy food and instead of milk go in for other forms of milk.
Things that you must avoid during the monsoon season
Best thing is to prevent the breeding of mosquitoes by avoiding stagnant water, but if bitten by mosquitoes then do not scratch. This is because the scratching will help the virus from your nose and body to enter your body and cause infections.
Avoid all factors that will cause bacterial and fungal infections. Avoid your body from being wet for a long time. Make use of good quality antibacterial soaps and creams which will help in preventing infections.
Keep your eyes clean because viral infections of the eyes are also very common in the rainy season.
Following the basic rules of keeping yourself and your surroundings clean when at home or when outside is a must. Washing hands and feet on regular intervals is a must especially when you are visiting public places and using public transport.
Enjoy the monsoon season but at the same time make sure that you keep infections and diseases away. Follow basic tips and take a few precautions to remain healthy in this rainy season.