Mosquito bites are not only irritating also very dangerous. Mosquitoes are supposed to be the deadliest and most hazardous insects. They carry diseases-causing pathogens and infections from one person to another and thus spread many life threatening diseases like malaria, yellow fever, dengue fever and encephalitis. So, it is best to avoid mosquitoes to avoid mosquito bites. But, if you’ve been bitten by mosquitoes, try out some home remedies to get rid of the irritation caused by mosquito bites. Read on.
Complexity Level: Basic
Time Required: 10-15 minutes
1. Banana peels
2. Oregano leaves
3. Mint leaves
5. Neem oil
6. Eucalyptus oil
7. Antihistamine creams
8. Baby oil
1. Use of a banana peel, oregano leaves and mint leaves
You can first eat the banana and then rub its skin on the mosquito bite. Within seconds you will feel relieved of the irritation caused from mosquito bite. You can rub either oregano leaves extracts or mint leaves extracts on the mosquito bite. Rubbing these leaves will subside the itching, the swelling and the redness caused by mosquito bite.
2. Indian Lilac oil and eucalyptus oil
Mosquitoes are attracted to sweet blood and would never feed on bitter blood. Applying Indian Lilac oil on arms and ankles or on exposed skin would keep the mosquitoes away from you acting as a good mosquito repellent. These natural oils don’t cause any side effects and thus act as best mosquito repellents.
3. The best way is to avoid scratching
When you scratch on a mosquito bite it gets more irritating. Scratching might also tear your skin causing infections. The best ways to get rid of it is wash the area of the bite with cold water, sanitize the area of the mosquito bite and apply a cream.
4. Use creams that contain antihistamine
Antihistamine creams contain Lanacane. Lanacane is chemical that treats the itching, redness and swelling caused by mosquito bites. Make sure that you wash the area of the bite and use an antiseptic on the bite before you apply the cream.
5. Use aloe
Break open an aloe leaf and apply the gel of the aloe on the mosquito bite. Aloe works as a skin repairing agent. It will work as miracle and relieve you from mosquito bite itching and pain.
6. Visit a doctor
When mosquito bites and you face discomfort like palpitation, shortness of breath and even fever make sure you visit a doctor as it might be possible that the mosquito has injected an infection into your body.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can you get rid of a mosquito bite scar?
1. Applying coco butter on the scar daily helps in removing mosquito bite scar.
2. Applying vitamin E or aloe gel can work wonders and fade away the scars.
3. Try a good moisturizer to get rid of the scar from mosquito bite.
4. In case, the scar is bad and there are a number of bad mosquito bite scars on your body, visit a dermatologist.
1. By applying baby oil on your skin you can avoid mosquito bites as baby oil acts as a mosquito repellent.
2. Buy over the counter products to get rid of irritation caused by mosquito bites and also to get rid of mosquito bite scars.
3. Prefer home remedies to get rid of the irritation caused by mosquito bites.
Things To Watch Out For:
- Scratching a mosquito bite cannot cure the irritation and it will just worsen it more. So avoid scratching the bite.
- Remember that mosquito bites can also be very dangerous. In case of any further problem besides the irritation, visit a doctor.